Airbnb is a website where people can rent out their homes or apartments to travelers. It’s a great way to make money, but it also comes with its own set of responsibilities. One of those responsibilities is cleaning your Airbnb before new guests arrive.
As you might imagine, there are many different kinds of cleaning supplies available on the market today–so many that it can be difficult to choose which ones will work best for you and your home! We’ve put together an overview of some options that may help give you some ideas about what kind of products would be best suited for your needs:
The products that The Know-How Factory recommends are handpicked by our team, and while some of our articles feature affiliate links, we want you to know that if you make a purchase through any of these links, we may receive a commission. Additionally, we ensure that all prices are accurate at the time of publication.
Table of Contents
Types of Cleaning Supplies
There are several types of cleaning supplies that you should have on hand for your Airbnb guests.
- The first is soap and detergent, which you can use to wash dishes and clothes.
- Disinfectants are also important; they kill germs and bacteria by destroying their cell walls.
- Cleaning cloths and sponges are useful for scrubbing surfaces in bathrooms, kitchens, bedrooms, and other areas where guests spend time or sleep.
Cleaning Products for Different Surfaces
When you’re cleaning your Airbnb, it’s important to know which products are best for different surfaces.
- Carpets: If you have carpets in your Airbnb, make sure to use only cleaners that are made specifically for carpets.
- Floors: For hardwood and laminate floors, use a cleaner designed specifically for those surfaces (like Pledge Multi Surface Floor Polish).
- Countertops: For countertops and other kitchen surfaces, we recommend using Murphy Oil Soap with Lemon Essential Oil (it smells great!). It can also be used on stainless steel sinks if they need a little extra scrubbing power.
If there’s any grease or grime on surfaces, we recommend adding baking soda and vinegar solution before scrubbing away. A little bit goes a long way here, so don’t overdo it; just add enough until it looks like there’s enough grit mixed into your solution without being too much or too little at all times while doing so; either way would result in poor results later down the road when trying again later down this same path towards success.
Organizing Your Cleaning Supplies
- Label your supplies. It’s important to know what you’re using and where it is, so label all your cleaning supplies with a permanent marker.
- Store them properly. Keep all your cleaning products in one place so they’re easy to find, but don’t leave them out for guests to see or touch.
- Use inventory management software like Homejoy or Handybook to track what needs restocking before an Airbnb guest arrives at the property again (or just write down a list).
Cost-Effective Cleaning Supplies
- Bulk ordering. If you’re cleaning Airbnb properties regularly, it’s worth buying in bulk. This can be done online or at a local Costco or Sam’s Club store.
- Reusing supplies. You don’t have to throw away your cleaning supplies after each job–you can reuse them. Just ensure they’re clean before you use them again (and remember to label everything).
- Using natural products instead of chemical ones when possible will save money over time because no artificial ingredients are involved in making these products that are harmful to humans and the environment.
Cleaning Supplies for Specialty Items
You’ll also need to clean your Airbnb’s linens, furniture, appliances, and electronics. This can be more difficult since you won’t have access to all of them at once (the linens are probably in the laundry).
To clean these items effectively:
- Wash the sheets and towels in warm water with detergent. You can use bleach if they’re particularly dirty or stained–just make sure not to mix it with other colors.
- Vacuum all carpets thoroughly before guests arrive so there aren’t any dust bunnies lurking underfoot for them when they get home from their travels. It’s also important to dust off furniture pieces like dressers and nightstands; wipe down wood surfaces with warm water mixed with lemon juice or vinegar (but don’t use too much!).
- For mattresses, use a vacuum attachment fitted with soft bristles instead of an upright vacuum cleaner because they tend not to work well on soft surfaces like bedding materials such as cotton sheets and blankets which could get pulled into its blades, causing injury if not careful enough when using one instead of another method mentioned above.
How to Choose the Right Cleaning Supplies
When you’re choosing cleaning supplies for your Airbnb, there are a few things to consider:
- Quality. The quality of the product is important because it will determine how well it works and how long it lasts. You don’t want to buy cheap products that won’t do the job right or break down after a few uses.
- Price: Obviously, price matters when buying cleaning supplies because you need to stay within budget while still getting high-quality items that will last longer than other brands/types of cleaners on the market today. If something costs too much more than another similar item, think twice before purchasing it. It might not be worth paying extra just because someone else says so–you know what works best for YOU and YOUR needs best!
- Availability: Availability refers specifically here to whether or not these items can be found locally near where YOU live now, so if they aren’t readily available, then maybe consider ordering online instead through Amazon Prime Pantry service, which offers free two-day shipping with no minimum order amount required either ($35 per year membership fee required).
- Sustainability: means ensuring all materials used during production processes are environmentally friendly since we’re trying hard as consumers nowadays not only to reduce waste but also to protect our planet from harm caused by pollution caused by manufacturing processes done overseas.
Common Cleaning Mistakes
There are a few common cleaning mistakes that you should be aware of. These include:
- Using the wrong cleaning supplies
- Not following instructions on the bottle or container.
- Not protecting yourself from chemicals and fumes.
Keeping your Airbnb clean is essential to providing a positive guest experience. Selecting the right cleaning supplies can make all the difference in achieving a spotless and inviting space. It’s important to prioritize quality, affordability, and sustainability when choosing your cleaning products and always follow the instructions and safety precautions on the packaging. With the right cleaning supplies and a little planning, you can ensure that your Airbnb is always ready to welcome new guests with a clean and refreshing space.
What types of cleaning supplies should I have on hand for my Airbnb?
- Soap and detergent for washing dishes and clothes
- Disinfectants to kill germs and bacteria
- Cleaning cloths and sponges for scrubbing surfaces
How do I choose the right cleaning supplies for different surfaces in my Airbnb?
- Use cleaners specifically made for carpets if you have carpets.
- For hardwood and laminate floors, use cleaners designed for those surfaces.
- Consider using Murphy Oil Soap with Lemon Essential Oil for kitchen countertops and other surfaces. Baking soda and vinegar solutions are also effective for removing grease and grime.
How should I organize my cleaning supplies for easy access?
- Label your supplies with a permanent marker.
- Store all cleaning products in one place, but keep them out of sight from guests.
- Consider using inventory management software or making a list to track restocking needs.
Are there any safety considerations when using cleaning supplies?
- Use protective gear, such as gloves and goggles, when handling chemicals.
- Follow safety instructions on the cleaning product labels.
- Dispose of cleaning supplies properly, following local regulations.
Are there cost-effective options for buying cleaning supplies for my Airbnbs?
- Consider buying cleaning supplies in bulk to save money.
- Reuse cleaning supplies when possible, making sure they’re clean and labeled.
- Opt for natural products instead of chemical ones to save money in the long run and promote a healthier environment.