Shower time is often the only time we get to ourselves, a chance to unwind, relax and wash away the day’s stresses. But what if we told you that you could take your shower time to the next level with the help of shower steamers and aromatherapy?
These simple yet effective tools can transform your shower experience into a spa-like oasis, leaving you feeling rejuvenated and refreshed. In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of shower steamers and aromatherapy, how to use them, and other scented items you can share with your Airbnb guests to enhance their shower time experience.
Get ready to level up the shower time experience for you and your guests!
The products that The Know-How Factory recommends are handpicked by our team, and while some of our articles feature affiliate links, we want you to know that if you make a purchase through any of these links, we may receive a commission. Additionally, we ensure that all prices are accurate at the time of publication.
Table of Contents
What are Shower Steamers?
Shower steamers are a great way to add aromatherapy to your Airbnb shower. They’re essentially just a device you place in your shower, releasing essential oils into the air as your guest showers. They come in all shapes, sizes, and prices–from simple plastic cones with holes poked into them to more elaborate metal contraptions with multiple jets of steam coming out of them.
Benefits of Shower Steamers
The benefits of using these devices include the following:
- Relaxation – The aroma from the essential oils helps calm the nerves and reduce stress levels so your guest can relax after a long day at work, traveling around town, or visiting friends/family members. It also helps promote better sleep at night by calming down racing thoughts before bedtime.
- Cleaner Skin – The hot water combined with steam from an aromatherapy shower steamer will open up pores allowing the dirt/debris build-up within those pores to be cleansed.
How to Use Shower Steamers
To use your aromatherapy shower steamer, simply place it in the bottom of your shower. If you have a glass door, be sure to remove the steamer before turning on the water so that it doesn’t get wet and damaged.
When you’re done with your shower, store them in a dry place so they don’t mold or mildew.
For best results:
- Store them upright (not flat) in an airtight container like an old spice jar or Tupperware container with holes punched into its lid for ventilation purposes (to keep mold from growing inside).
Keep them away from direct sunlight as much as possible; this will help preserve their potency longer than if exposed directly over periods greater than 24 hours at room temperature without any other conditions being met, such as humidity levels rising above 70 percent (which would cause condensation inside containers) which could lead towards fungus growths forming inside containers due to moisture buildup within them being unable to escape easily enough due to having limited space available between objects within closets where most people tend to keep these kinds of things stored away from sightlines when not actually using them regularly enough.
Hence, there’s no reason why anyone would need access immediately unless they wanted something specific but couldn’t find what exactly went wrong during search attempts. Everything seemed fine until later when they suddenly realized maybe something wasn’t working anymore.
Types of Aromatherapy
There are two main types of aromatherapy: diffused and direct.
- Diffused aromatherapy is when you use a diffuser to disperse the essential oils into the air, which can then be inhaled by you or anyone else in your Airbnb. This treatment works best for those who want to add a subtle scent to their space without making it smell like they just burned incense or lit candles all day.
- Direct inhalation involves placing drops on your palms and inhaling them directly from there–the most common way this method is used is by placing 1-3 drops into hot water, then breathing deeply as steam rises from the cup (known as “hot potting”). Direct inhalation can have more immediate effects than diffused methods because it allows more direct contact between your nose and brain; however, some people find this method too intense for daily use due to its strong scents. Also, this is not plausible for Airbnb.
Benefits of Aromatherapy
Aromatherapy is an ancient practice that uses the scents of plants to improve your mental and physical health. It can help reduce stress, improve sleep, and boost mood. In fact, aromatherapy in your Airbnb shower is a good idea for many reasons, so let’s take a look at them.
Adding Aromatherapy to Your Airbnb Shower
When you’re renting out your Airbnb, the last thing you want is for guests to feel stressed or overwhelmed. Aromatherapy can help create a relaxing environment that helps them unwind after a long day of exploring the city.
Aromatherapy has been used for centuries as a way to improve mood and boost energy levels. You can add it to your Airbnb shower by adding essential oils like lavender or eucalyptus oil into your shampoo bottles or body wash containers. Be sure not to use too much, though–you don’t want guests coming out smelling like they’ve been doused in perfume.
Other Scented Items for Your Airbnb Shower
Once you’ve got the basics down, it’s time to get creative. The possibilities are endless when it comes to adding scented items to your Airbnb shower. You can use candles and diffusers, but there are also plenty of other options:
- Scented soaps and shampoo/conditioner
- Potpourri bowls or jars (make sure they’re sealed tightly!)
- Candles with fragrance oils added to them
Creating a Relaxing Atmosphere in Your Airbnb Shower
You can do a few things when creating a relaxing atmosphere in your Airbnb shower.
First, make sure that the lighting is dim and warm. You don’t want bright lights on while your guests are trying to relax.
Second, provide a pre-selected playlist of some soft music in the background–it doesn’t have to be anything fancy or complicated; just something peaceful will do nicely.
Thirdly (and this one might seem obvious), add some scented items like incense sticks or essential oils into your bathroom so that they fill up with fragrance as soon as someone opens up their Airbnb door.
The Benefits of Adding Aromatherapy to Your Airbnb Shower
In addition to adding some personality and style to your Airbnb shower, adding aromatherapy can also increase guest satisfaction. The smell of lavender is known as one of the most relaxing scents out there, so it’s no surprise that guests will appreciate this extra touch.
Adding essential oils like lavender has been shown to increase reviews on sites like Airbnb and TripAdvisor by up to 25%. This means that you’ll be able to attract more guests looking for a tranquil place to relax after a long day of exploring.
Tips for Choosing the Right Aromatherapy for Your Airbnb Shower
Choosing the right aromatherapy for your Airbnb shower is a matter of knowing what you want and then finding the best product to fit that need. Here are some tips for picking out the best scent for your space:
- Consider how much time is spent in the room. If it’s a short-term stay, then something light and refreshing will probably work best (think clean linen). But if it’s going to be a long-term stay or guests will have access to this space regularly, then something stronger might work better (like lavender).
- Think about how many people will be using this space at once–and whether they’ll all want different scents. If multiple people are using one room at once often enough that they won’t mind sharing their scents with each other (or maybe even enjoying them together), go ahead and choose something more intense, like lavender oil or eucalyptus oil.
Now that you know the benefits of adding aromatherapy to your Airbnb shower, the only thing left to do is get started. If you’re feeling stuck on where to begin, here are some tips for making sure your guests feel relaxed and rejuvenated after their stay:
- Choose a scent that matches the theme of your Airbnb space. For example, if you have a beach house or cabin-themed room, consider using scents like ocean mist or lavender (which smells like fresh air).
- Use diffusers instead of candles, so there’s no risk of fire damage. Don’t forget about safety precautions when choosing oils!
- Make sure there’s plenty of space between each oil diffuser, so guests aren’t overwhelmed by too much fragrance at once.
What are shower steamers?
Shower steamers are devices placed in the shower that release essential oils into the air as you shower. They come in various shapes, sizes, and price ranges.
What are the benefits of shower steamers?
The benefits of using shower steamers include relaxation, reduction of stress levels, promotion of better sleep, and cleaner skin. The steam from the shower combined with the essential oils can help open up pores and cleanse them.
How do I use shower steamers?
To use shower steamers, simply place them in the bottom of your shower before turning on the water. Be sure to remove them afterward and store them in a dry place to prevent mold or mildew.
What are the types of aromatherapy?
There are two main types of aromatherapy: diffused and direct. Diffused aromatherapy involves using a diffuser to disperse essential oils into the air, while direct inhalation involves inhaling the oils directly from your palms or through steam.
What are the benefits of aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy can help reduce stress, improve sleep, boost mood, and enhance relaxation. It has been used for centuries to improve mental and physical well-being.
How can I add aromatherapy to my Airbnb shower?
You can add aromatherapy to your Airbnb shower by adding essential oils like lavender or eucalyptus to shampoo bottles or body wash containers. Be mindful not to use too much to avoid overwhelming guests with strong scents.
What other scented items can I use in my Airbnb shower?
In addition to shower steamers and essential oils, you can use scented soaps, shampoos, conditioners, potpourri bowls or jars, and candles with fragrance oils added to them to create a relaxing atmosphere.
How can I create a relaxing atmosphere in my Airbnb shower?
To create a relaxing atmosphere, dim the lights, provide soft background music, and incorporate scented items like incense sticks or essential oils. These elements can help guests unwind and feel more relaxed.
What are the benefits of adding aromatherapy to my Airbnb shower?
Adding aromatherapy to your Airbnb shower can enhance guest satisfaction and create a tranquil environment. Scents like lavender are known for their relaxing properties and can contribute to positive guest reviews.
How do I choose the right aromatherapy for my Airbnb shower?
Consider the duration of guest stays and the number of people using the space when selecting aromatherapy scents. For short-term stays, lighter and refreshing scents may work best, while stronger scents can be suitable for long-term stays or shared spaces.