Hot Water Amenities are a great way to add value to your Airbnb listing. Hot water amenities can be anything from a hot tub or sauna to a private bathroom with a shower and bathtub or even an outdoor shower for guests to use after hiking in the mountains.
Hot water amenities are especially popular among travelers looking for more than just the basics when staying at an Airbnb rental property. If you’re thinking about adding hot water amenities to your rental property but aren’t sure where to start, here is some helpful information:
The products that The Know-How Factory recommends are handpicked by our team, and while some of our articles feature affiliate links, we want you to know that if you make a purchase through any of these links, we may receive a commission. Additionally, we ensure that all prices are accurate at the time of publication.
Table of Contents
Types of Hot Water Amenities
There are three main types of hot water amenities: electric, gas, and tankless.
- Electric water heaters
Electric water heaters are the most common type of water heater. They’re usually installed in basements or attics, and they use electricity to heat a tank full of water that then flows through your pipes into your home. This type of system is inexpensive and easy to install but can be noisy since it requires fans and pumps to keep everything running smoothly.
- Gas-powered heaters
Gas-powered heaters use gas flames instead of electricity as their power source; this makes them quieter than electric models and more expensive to run because they require propane or natural gas supplies (which cost money). The advantage here is that you don’t have any cords running from your house into the garage where your heater lives–it’s all self-contained!
- Tankless water heaters
Tankless water heaters are a newer type of heater that heats water as it flows through the pipes rather than storing it in a tank and heating it all at once. This is more efficient but more expensive to install since there’s an extra component involved: the heat exchanger. Tankless water heaters are most commonly found in newer homes; if you have an older home, it might not be able to accommodate one.
Installation of Hot Water Amenities
- Pre-Installation Steps:
It’s important to make sure that the water heater is properly installed. This means considering the size of your family, how many bathrooms you have, and how many showers people take in a day.
You should also consider whether you have long or short showers; people who shower for longer than 10 minutes at a time need a larger tank than those who only bathe for five minutes or less.
- Installation Steps:
Once you’ve decided on the right water heater size and type, it’s time to install it. You can hire a professional or do it yourself.
If you plan to do the installation yourself, make sure that you follow all safety precautions and read your manual carefully before beginning. It will also help if you have someone nearby to offer assistance.
- Post-Installation Steps:
After your water heater is installed, it’s time to test it. First, ensure the gas or electric valve is turned off, and then open the cold-water valve. Next, turn on the hot water faucet in your home; this will allow you to test both the hot and cold valves. If there are any leaks in either line, shut off the water supply and call a professional for help.
Cost of Hot Water Amenities
Electric Water Heaters
Electric water heaters are the most common type of hot water amenity. They use electricity to heat water and can be installed in any room. Electric water heaters cost between $200 and $600, depending on the size of your Airbnb listing. If you’re looking for something more affordable, look into tankless electric water heaters, which only use power when they need it (and not all the time). These are more expensive than standard electric models, but they can save you money on energy bills over time because they don’t constantly run as traditional tanks do.
Gas-powered heaters are another option. These cost more than electric models, but they’re more efficient and can be installed in any room. Gas-powered water heaters will range between $400 and $1,200, depending on the size of your Airbnb listing. If you choose this type of amenity for your home, have it professionally installed by a certified technician who can ensure that all safety precautions are met.
Tankless water heaters
Tankless water heaters are the most energy-efficient option. They’re also more expensive than conventional models, but they can save you money on your utility bill over time because they don’t constantly run as traditional tanks do. These units cost between $500 and $2,000 for installation and maintenance. If you choose this type of amenity for your home, ensure it’s professionally installed by a certified technician who can ensure all safety precautions are met.
Maintenance of Hot Water Amenities
- Regular Maintenance
The hot water amenity is a complex system that requires regular maintenance to keep it working correctly. You must schedule routine inspections and cleanings with your HVAC contractor or service technician each year. They’ll help you identify any issues with the system and determine if repairs are necessary.
- Common Issues and Solutions
The most common issues with hot water amenities are leaks, clogs, and malfunctions. Call a professional to repair or replace the system if you notice any of these problems. You can also prevent issues by not placing items that contain chemicals, oils, or other materials that could damage your water heater in its vicinity.
Energy Efficiency of Hot Water Amenities
Electric water heaters are the most common type of hot water amenity in Airbnb listings. They’re efficient and easy to maintain, but they can be expensive to run if you don’t have an energy-efficient model or use them frequently.
Gas-fired water heaters are often more cost-effective than electric models but are also more likely to break down because they require regular maintenance and repairs.
Tankless Water Heaters are more expensive than other types of hot water amenities. Still, they offer the lowest running costs by heating water as it passes through their systems instead of storing it in a tank first before using it for showers or baths later on (like conventional tanked models).
Safety Considerations for Hot Water Amenities
- Proper Installation: Hot water amenities are a great way to provide your guests with the comforts of home, but if they aren’t installed correctly, they can cause serious safety issues. It’s crucial that you hire a professional who knows how to install these items safely and correctly.
- Regular Maintenance: Hot water amenities require regular maintenance for them to function correctly. If you don’t have time or don’t know how to do this yourself (or if there isn’t someone you trust who can), then we recommend hiring someone who does know what they’re doing when it comes time for maintenance work on these devices.
- Monitoring: Your guests will be using these amenities while staying at your property–and while water heaters are generally safe when used properly by homeowners themselves, there is always an element of risk involved when allowing others access to areas where they could potentially be injured by an appliance malfunctioning unexpectedly due to its age or condition being unknown before the installation took place.
Hot Water Amenities on Amazon
There are a lot of different brands and types of hot water amenity products on Amazon. Some are more expensive than others, but they all have positive reviews from customers who have purchased them.
Here are some examples:
- The Hot Water Heater from Reliant is one of the most popular models on Amazon. It gets a 4.3 out of 5-star rating, with over 2,000 reviews. The Hot Water Heater has a capacity of 40 gallons, so it’s suitable for small households and apartments.
- Intex PureSpa Plus Bubble Massage Set – This inflatable hot tub on Amazon has over 6,000 positive reviews and comes with a built-in hard water treatment system, making it perfect for those with hard water in their area. It also features 140 high-powered bubble jets and can accommodate up to six people.
- Eccotemp L10 Portable Outdoor Tankless Water Heater – If you’re looking for a more portable option, this tankless water heater is great. It’s perfect for outdoor showers or camping trips and can provide hot water on demand. It has over 1,000 positive reviews on Amazon and is easy to install.
- Mr. Steam SAH3000B1 3kW Steam Bath Generator – This steam bath generator is an excellent choice for those looking to add a luxurious touch to their Airbnb listing. It can be used in a shower or sauna and provides a relaxing steam experience for guests. It has over 40 positive reviews on Amazon and is easy to install.
- Rinnai V65IN Tankless Water Heater – This tankless water heater is an excellent option for those who want to save on energy costs. It provides hot water on demand and has a high-efficiency rating. It has over 1,000 positive reviews on Amazon and is easy to install.
- Eccotemp FVI12-LP Liquid Propane Gas Tankless Water Heater – This tankless water heater is another great option for saving energy costs. It’s powered by liquid propane gas and provides hot water on demand. It has over 1,000 positive reviews on Amazon and is easy to install.
Hot water amenities are a great way to add value to your Airbnb listing. They can also help you stand out from other hosts on the platform and keep your guests happy, which is important for attracting more bookings in the future.
This article covers some of the most popular hot water amenities available on Amazon or through other retailers. We’ve also discussed some of their benefits and how they can improve your experience as an Airbnb host!
What are the types of hot water amenities?
There are three main types of hot water amenities: electric, gas, and tankless.
What are electric water heaters?
Electric water heaters are the most common type of water heater. They use electricity to heat a tank full of water that flows through your pipes into your home. They are inexpensive and easy to install but can be noisy.
What are gas-powered heaters?
Gas-powered heaters use gas flames instead of electricity as their power source. They are quieter than electric models but more expensive to run because they require propane or natural gas supplies.
What are tankless water heaters?
Tankless water heaters heat water as it flows through the pipes, eliminating the need for a storage tank. They are more efficient but more expensive to install, and they are commonly found in newer homes.
How do I install hot water amenities?
You can hire a professional or do it yourself. If you choose to install it yourself, make sure to follow safety precautions and read the manual carefully. It’s also helpful to have someone nearby to offer assistance.
How much do hot water amenities cost?
The cost depends on the type and size of the hot water amenity. Electric water heaters cost between $200 and $600, gas-powered heaters range from $400 to $1,200, and tankless water heaters cost between $500 and $2,000 for installation and maintenance.
How do I maintain hot water amenities?
Hot water amenities require regular maintenance to keep them working correctly. Schedule routine inspections and cleanings with an HVAC contractor or service technician each year. Call a professional for repairs or replacements if you notice leaks, clogs, or malfunctions.
Are hot water amenities energy efficient?
Electric water heaters are efficient but can be expensive to run. Gas-fired water heaters are cost-effective but require regular maintenance. Tankless water heaters are the most energy-efficient option, although they are more expensive.
What safety considerations should I keep in mind for hot water amenities?
It’s crucial to hire a professional for proper installation. Regular maintenance is also necessary, and if you’re unable to do it yourself, hire someone who knows how to maintain these systems. Monitoring is important to ensure the safety of guests using the amenities.
Where can I find hot water amenities?
You can find a variety of hot water amenity products on Amazon, including water heaters, hot tubs, and steam bath generators. Make sure to read reviews and choose products that suit your needs and budget.